Saturday, March 31, 2012

Taking the FarmLinks Plunge.


 

Superintendent Program
Described by golf course superintendents as “the most beneficial three days of the year,” The Experience at FarmLinks is the nation’s premier source for “hands-on” course maintenance information, offering an unmatched opportunity to gain firsthand insight into the latest and greatest materials and methods available to the industry. The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) has approved The Experience at FarmLinks’ programs for continuing education units through their distinguished External Education Program."

I've been invited to attend this program no fewer than three times over the course of time and as my career enters its zenth, not knowing if I'll ever get this opportunity again, I bit and will be attending this unique educational program the week of April 2-5th of this year.  The golf course is a living laboratory featuring a unique relationships built on industry partnerships and real world golf course research.

I've listened to fellow golf course superintendents describe their experiences and now I will know first hand.  I'm looking forward to seeing you after the Masters.   Go Tiger?  (but hoping  Steve Stricker takes the green jacket winning his first major!) _Mk