It's been since June and the first day of fall is upon us that we finally was able to install and activate the decorative fountain in #8 pond. When we first installed it in early June (it was not needed due to all the rains we received) the electrical connection on the power wire lead needed to be replaced. Once this repair was completed by us in house, the fountain failed to work when powered on. It was sent to the factory for inspection and repairs were it was determined the "upper unit" failed but the motor was in good working order. We are fortunate that repair parts were available as this unit is an antique and no longer made.
Gunch Removal Progress update:
You will notice we cleaned the entire woods line between #14 and #17 fairways. Once we got started it just didn't look right any place we tried to terminate. It is our plans to clean up the area left of #16 ladies tee and the overgrown mess of pines to the east of that same tee box. These projects have been on my to do list too long.
Taking advantage of the warm weather and bonus seed available for our use, we inter-seeded weak (due to shade and tree root competition) bunker banks. These were aerified first to remediate compacted soils caused by golf cart and maintenance equipment. Please consider all roped off areas as "Ground Under Repair" and take a free drop at the closest point of relief.