- Bull's Eye #16 green; "I came out of winter looking like this."
- Tri City #3 green; "I came out of winter looking like this."
|Tri City #3 green.|
- I was cut seven days per week, rolled 3-4 times per week, topdressed regularly, sprayed biweekly on schedule, watered as needed.
- I was treated the same as #16. The only difference in routine maintenance is my mowing height of cut is .045 of an inch higher.
- When things got tough this summer, I was watered by hand and cut using a walking mower with a solid roller to reduce the stress on me.
- I was cut with the same old tri plex and I don't even have a quick coupling valve needed for hand watering.
- I was seeded no less than eight times. Live sod plugs or sprigs were used at one time to try to help me fill in and I was fertilized biweekly to help me grow strong.
I wasn't seeded at all and the only fertilizer I received came with the sprayer at around a tenth of a pound of Nitrogen.
|TC #3 Green.|
#16; And today I look and feel much worse than this. Turf blankets cover my sores.
|BE #16 green.|
- The only difference in our management programs of note looking back in time was I was aerified in September 2010.
|TC #3 green.|
- I wasn't aerified at all in 2010.
Some times you just scratch your head; "Toss everything but the kitchen sink" at a problem OR is it "better to leave well enough alone?" You decide. _Mk